That's Just What He Does

I used to expect nothing from him,
And That just wouldn't do.
Reassurances were given,
grace was extended when it took a while.
Slowly I came to accept; 
this is real, he cares.

Until it wasn't and I wasn't even told why,
I blamed myself.
Maybe if I were better,
perhaps if I would have just made a different choice, forsaw more.
I fought and battled with myself,
Made myself believe I was battling for him.
I was in agony and no one could save me,
And he didn't care.
Slowly I was taught to obey by only giving approval when I met the standard,
forgiveness coming grudgingly.
Felt the sweet relief running through myself that it wasn't over,
I wasn't being abandoned after all.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaad - Faiz Ahmed Faiz

Section of Bhagavad Gita

Come As You Are by Rabindranath Tagore